Fund Future Exhibits
If you are interested in helping the LFM movement grow, please
donate now by sending financial support to email@example.com via PayPal.
Create an Exhibit
Our biggest need right now is to develop exhibits that can be used in this and future LFMs. Do you want to create an exhibit, or do you simply want to share an idea? Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know. Here are some general guidelines for good exhibits.
- Exhibits should focus on a single, visual concept.
- They should be interactive, but this is not a requirement. The exhibit space has removable glass panels on three sides. You can choose to create a "behind glass" exhibit or an interactive exhibit.
- The LFM doesn't have a specific target age, but a good guideline is to appeal to the 10- to 14-year-old crowd. That said, you should design exhibits to provide interest to a broad range of ages.
- The exhibit space is approx. 18" on each side. With the glass removed, exhibits can extend out the sides, but they should not extend out the front of the space. The exhibit space floor is constructed to hold an 11.25" x 11.25" square piece of 1-by wood (0.75" thick). Exhibits can be fastened to this wood to keep items secure.
- The exhibit must be essentially self-sufficient for one month. Items that should not "walk away" should be fastened to the wood base. If you do plan on some materials leaving the booth, these materials can be replenished by me on a regular basis.